charged as a local rate call

Call us now on: 0844 963 2475

...your stories, told with truth, integrity and for the highest fee

latest-news

How to contact the Press with a Story

By  | 

You can contact the press with a story right here. TalkToThePress.co.uk is here to help you sell your newsworthy stories, photos, and videos.

We supply content to every major publication in the World. Our service won’t cost you a penny.

Submit your story using the Valuation Form on this page.

You can also upload images or videos for valuation using the upload tool (beneath the form).

How to contact the press with a story, photo or video

Simply fill out the form on this page to contact the press with a story. You can also use the form the tell us about a newsworthy video or photographs that you’ve captured.

One of our dedicated journalists will call or email you straight back if your story is newsworthy.

Once you’ve given the go-ahead, we guarantee to get you the highest payments and the best coverage for your story.

Contact the press with a story in three steps

Time needed: 1 hour.

How to sell my story to a magazine or newspaper:

  1. Send us a short summary of your story

    Use the story valuation form on this page to tell us the main points of your story (or you can call us).

  2. We’ll get straight back to you

    One of our friendly, trained writers will contact you if your story looks suitable for the top magazines and newspaper titles we write for.

  3. Publish your story and get paid

    Once you’re happy to go ahead, our team will chat through your story with you and turn it into an article you’ll be proud of. We’ll get it published and you’ll get paid.

Contact the press with a story just like Levi did…

TalkToThePress.co.uk works with hundreds of people seeking to contact the press every month. We’re part of the largest independent press agency in the UK.

Here’s just one example of a story we’ve published around the world for a client.

Levi Carter, 22, developed life threatening sepsis after receiving third-degree burns from hair dye. Levi’s dog Chico detected the sepsis and saved Levi’s life.

Levi wanted to share here story to raise awareness of the dangers of sepsis.

Not only did we arrange an exclusive newspaper deal for Levi. We also ensured Levi was paid a substantial fee for sharing her story.

After Levi’s story appeared in the Star on Sunday, we arranged publication in multiple other newspapers and magazines.

Levi was able to track her payments using our state-of-the-art, Google backed payment tracking system.

Levi’s story appeared in the Star on Sunday as an Exclusive

Levi Carter, 22, booked herself into a hair salon in February 2018 to get her hair professionally bleached to go from brunette to blonde. 

Within minutes of the peroxide bleach being applied, she claims her scalp started to burn and it was ‘smoking’ – before the stylist quickly washed it off. 

That evening her head began to bleed and she was referred to Nottingham Hospital’s burns unit where she was treated for third-degree burns.

Yorkshire terrier detected the infection

The burns became more painful and Levi returned to hospital after she believed her Yorkshire terrier – called Chico – ‘sensed’ her infection.

The pooch wouldn’t leave her scalp along and refused to settle – sniffing around the wounds on her head.

The support worker was diagnosed with sepsis and was treated ‘just in time’ – however she has been left with permanent bald spots nearly three years later.

Levi is hoping to warn others around the importance of doing a patch test before using hair dye.

Levi, from Lincolnshire, said: “The whole thing has been incredibly traumatic. 

Left with huge bald patches

“I’ve been left with huge bald patches and will need surgery to try and cover them.

“I only went back into the hospital because my dog wouldn’t leave me alone – he must have smelt the infection.

“If I left it any longer then who knows what would have happened – I might not be here.
“Chico saved my life.”

Salon has since closed down

Levi, who works as a support worker for adults with learning disabilities, would regularly dye her hair at home. 

When she wanted a dramatic change from brunette to blonde, Levi booked herself in a salon – which has since closed down – to get it professionally done in February 2018.

After the stylist had applied the peroxide hair bleach all over her head, Levi felt a ‘burning sensation’ and instantly knew something wasn’t right.

She said: “After bleaching it they wrapped my head in cling film and it started to hurt.
“It was really painful and my head actually started smoking.

“We went straight to the sinks and ran my head under a cold tap for about 20 minutes.

Head started smoking

“They felt really bad and offered to dye a different colour and I ended up leaving with it bright red.”

The cut and colour cost Levi £40 – the salon knocked the price down from the original £60.

That evening she noticed her head starting to bleed so she called 111 who advised her to go to A&E.

Levi was eventually referred to Nottingham Hospital’s burns unit where she was treated for third-degree burns on her scalp. 

Third-degree burns on scalp

She said: “I went out with some friends that night but I was in a lot of pain.

“It turned out there was still peroxide on my scalp and it ended up burning my head.

“I was given some antibiotics and hoped it would start to clear up.”

Over the next four weeks, the burns on Levi’s head continued to ‘weep’ and become more painful.

Chico could smell an infection developing

She was alerted to the issue by her pet pooch Chico who she believes could ‘smell’ an infection developing. 

When Levi noticed the smell herself – and Chico refused to leave her alone – she went back to hospital where she was admitted and treated for the life-threatening infection sepsis.

“Chico wouldn’t leave me alone and he could smell something wasn’t right,’ Levi explained.

“Eventually I started to smell the wounds so I went back to hospital. 

“The doctors said they caught it before it got too serious and I was kept on a drip for three days.”

Left with several bald patches

Although Levi’s burns began to heal the damage to her hair follicles was so severe she has been left with several bald patches.

In August 2019 Levi underwent a scalp reduction surgery to stretch the skin on her head and cover the missing hair.

Unfortunately the operation didn’t take and she’s need to undergo more surgery to try and repair the bald spots.

She said: “It’s left me incredibly self-conscious and I struggled for a long time.

“I need more surgery and doctors are planning to inflate balloons under the skin on my scalp because the first operation didn’t work.

“It should stretch it enough so they bring it together and hopefully close the bald spots.

“It’s so important to do a patch test first because you have no idea how your skin is going to react. 

“I wish I’d done that in the first place and maybe I wouldn’t have lost my hair.

“I’m just thankful my dog made me act on it – otherwise who knows where I’d be and if I’d even be here today.”

Contact the press just like Levi did

Would you like to contact the press with a story to raise awareness, promote a cause, or pay tribute? Perhaps your story just needs to be told? Or maybe you’ve captured something amazing on film?

Get in touch today using the form on this page.

Your story doesn’t have to be a miracle baby story. We’ll consider any story that’s guaranteed to amaze, shock or raise a smile.

To find out more about how to sell a story to the press, see our Sell My Story page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

See these funky buttons
Hide these funky buttons